Terms & Conditions.
Pendragon International Media Ltd is a company that is trusted by the most senior leaders around the world in providing services including events and digital services, providing the senior leaders with a safe space within which to convene and build relationships, share information and facilitate learning.
We are registered in England and Wales under company number 08996354 and have our registered office at The Old Vicarage, 10 Church Street, Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire, WD3 1BS, United Kingdom. Our main trading address is Hamilton House, London, WC1H 9BB, United Kingdom. Our VAT number is GB 186 2909 72.
This Site belongs to one of the brands – Global Government Forum which is a publishing, events and research business that helps senior civil servants around the world to meet global challenges by building their expertise, knowledge and connections.
- “Content” means all types of information including text, software, sound recordings, photographs, graphics, video, databases or any other copyright compilations comprised in or appearing on the Site.
- “Services” refers to any type of Service, including but not limited to information services, bulletins or communications facilities either directly or indirectly provided through the Site.
- “Site” means our websites:
- gglf.globalgovernmentforum.com; and
and each and all of the Services from time to time available through that website;
- “Third Party Sites” refers to any third party website that either provides or on sells services from our Site, or who is referred or linked to from within our Site.
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
USE OF THIS SITE
- Global Government Forum is the owner and / or the licensee of all of the intellectual property rights in the Site and the material published on it, unless expressly stated otherwise. Therefore, those works are protected by the relevant copyright legislation and all such rights are reserved.
- Excluding subscription services, you may only use this site and its Content for your own personal use. You must not download, print, distribute or otherwise deal with Content in a systematic or regular manner in a way that would breach the intellectual property rights of Global Government Forum in any way and you must always credit Global Government Forum and acknowledge us as the owner of the Content.
- We reserve the right in our sole discretion to deny users access to our site or any part of our site without notice and / or access to the Content.
- If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of Global Government Forum’s security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
- If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify Global Government Forum at [email protected].
SUBMISSIONS TO THE SITE
- This Site may include information and materials uploaded by other users of the Site, including to bulletin boards. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on our Site do not represent our views or values and belong to the person(s) submitting the Content and / or the author.
- When submitting any information for posting on the Site, you acknowledge and agree that:
- Global Government Forum have the right to edit, reject or remove any Content you provide for the Site.
- By providing Content to the Site, you grant Global Government Forum an exclusive license to deal with that Content in any way.
- You warrant that you are the owner of any and all content you submit, and will not in any way breach the intellectual property rights in the Content unless authorised in writing by Global Government Forum. In the event that your submission may breach a Third Party’s intellectual property rights in the content submitted, you must notify us in writing, in advance or as soon as you become aware of the potential breach, if already submitted.
- If you wish to complain about content uploaded by other users, please contact us on [email protected].
- Where ideas are submitted to a Data Challenge programme, the ideas, plans, presentations, solutions developed and any related materials, remain the IP of the Government of Canada.
- This agreement is effective until terminated by removal of the Site from the Internet.
THIRD PARTY SITES
- Global Government Forum provides no warranty, and accepts no responsibility or liability arising directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss resulting from your use of, or reliance on, any Content or Services available on or through any Third Party Sites.
- All Content related services provided to you from, or in relation to this Site are exclusive to you as a globalgovernmentforum.com subscriber. You may not copy or redistribute the material without permission. Global Government Forum may decline to provide the service to any user that is in breach of these terms and conditions of use.
EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
- com is providing this site on an ‘as is’ basis and makes no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to this site or its contents and disclaims all such representations and warranties. In addition, globalgovernmentforum.com makes no representations or warranties about the accuracy, completeness, or suitability for any purpose of the information and related graphics published in this site. The information contained in this site may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. All liability of globalgovernmentforum.com howsoever allowing for any such inaccuracies or errors is expressly excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- If you are a business user, in particular, we will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
- In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- Neither globalgovernmentforum.com nor any of its directors, employees or other representatives will be liable for loss or damage arising out of or in connection with the use of this Site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, none of the exclusions and limitations in the clause are intended to limit any rights you may have as a consumer under local law or other statutory rights which may not be excluded nor in any way to exclude or limit globalgovernmentforum.com liability to you for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or that of our employees or agents.
These terms and conditions (and any dispute, controversy, proceedings or claim of whatever nature arising out of or in any way relating to them or their formation) shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with English law and, for these purposes, the parties irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of English courts.
The Information we collect and how we use it
- When you register for any of our services we need to know certain details about you, for example but not limited to, your name, address, contact details, interests and business particulars.
- We gather this information to allow us to process your registration or any orders you may make. The relevant information is then used by us, our agents and sub-contractors to provide you with our services and to communicate with you on any matter relating to the conduct of your account or the provision of our services.
- We may also use aggregate information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring usage in order to help us develop the services, and we may provide such aggregate information to third parties. These statistics will not include information that can be used to identify any individual.
- From time to time we may provide your information to our customer services agencies for research and analysis purposes so that we can monitor and improve the services we provide to you, We or our agents and sub-contractors may contact you to ask for your feedback and comments on our services.
- We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
- Global Government Forum and associated entities may also wish to provide you with information about special features to do with our services or products we think may be of interest to you. If you would rather not receive this information please either send an email message to [email protected], stating that you do not wish to be contacted for non-essential communications, or use the Opt Out option when registering for any of our services.
- We may also want to provide you with related information from third parties we think may be of interest to you. If you would rather not receive this information please either send an email message to [email protected], stating your contact details and that you do not wish to be contacted for non-essential communications, or use the Opt Out option when registering for any of our services.
We may also provide your information to carefully selected third parties whose products or services we believe may be of interest to you. If you do not wish us to disclose your information in this way please either send an email message to [email protected], stating that you do not wish to be contacted for non-essential communications, or use the Opt Out option when registering for any of our services.
How long the information is retained for?
- We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
- To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data as a user of the Site and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
How we protect your information
- We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
- We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Sale of business
- If this business is sold or integrated with another business your details may be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchasers and their advisers and will be passed on to the new owners of the business.
Your legal rights to request information
- Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. Please click on the links below to find out more about these rights:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction of your personal data;
- Request erasure of your personal data;
- Object to processing of your personal data;
- Request restriction of processing your personal data;
- Request transfer of your personal data; or
- Right to withdraw consent.
- If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us on [email protected]stating your name, contact details and what action you want taken. Please note that we may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
- You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we could refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it could take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
- Owing to the global nature of the Internet infrastructure, the information you provide may be transferred in transit to countries outside the European Economic Area that do not have similar protections in place regarding your data and its use as set out in this policy. However, we have taken the steps outlined above to try to improve the security of your information. By submitting your information you consent to these transfers.
The Information Commissioner can be contacted at: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, or 0303 123 1113, or [email protected]. Any complaint to the Information Commissioner is without prejudice to your right to seek redress through the courts.
Last updated 14 April 2022 (minor amendments)